Background

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What do you do all day?

To be honest...a lot! I don't have many friends who are stay-at-home Moms, and most of them don't understand what it is I do all day. Trust me, I have LOTS to do. I'm really not sure how I used to get everything done, while working 40-50 hours a week!

Our day usually starts around 7 or 7:30, and we go non-stop for 12 hours! We eat breakfast, and since the weather is getting warmer, we go for a walk/run after breakfast. We usually come back inside after our outing, and I straighten the house/make beds while Clark plays. Then I try to squeeze in some play time with him before his nap.

Once he's down for a nap, I get really busy. I try to do my Bible reading, do whatever I can to prepare for dinner, and take care of some cleaning. I started to learn as Clark was getting older, that there was no way I was going to get my entire house cleaned in one day. I went back to my "Chore-of-the-day" (as Joeli calls it) which I did when I was working. So each day, I focus on one thing, whether it's laundry, bathrooms, cleaning floors, etc. Then I try to squeeze in a shower before the little man wakes up!

Once he's awake,
we eat lunch, and run any errands we have then. We usually play outside in the afternoon, then do dinner, bath time, and bed time. Clark is usually out by 7:00 PM, then I crash!


As exhausted as I am some nights by 7, I sit back and think about how I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I am so thankful for my husband who works so hard to give me the opportunity to stay home with our little man!

2 comments:

  1. I'l totally with you! Love the blog. Super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I'll probably be asking your for help with it!

    ReplyDelete