Background

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

To touch or not to touch?

So the last time I was pregnant, I didn’t mind people touching my belly. Scratch that, I didn’t mind people I knew touching my belly. This time around, I hate for people to touch my stomach. There were several times, as soon as we started telling people we were pregnant, I had people walking up and putting their hands on my stomach.

Umm…I’m not even showing yet, so please take your hand out of my space.

And even now that I’m showing, I’m still not of fan of the un-welcome “tummy rub.” Maybe I won’t mind it as much once they can feel the baby move, but for now I feel like there’s no reason for someone else to rub all over me!

That sounded a little like a rant…I’m really not that mad about it, just a little uncomfortable with it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to politely tell people to keep their hands to themselves?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment