Background

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Enjoy them while they're little, before you know it, he'll be off to college!"

I hear this ALL THE TIME! While I know it's true, and it's hard to believe how fast he is growing, it still surprises me sometimes.

This morning, I needed to take a quick shower, and since Clark has learned how to climb out of the pack-n-play, my choices are to put him in the shower with me (don't judge, sometimes you do whatever you have to. It's not likes he's starting saying "BOOBIES" or anything), or let him play on the bathroom floor while I shower.

I opted for choice #2, and put some toys on the floor for him and hopped in the shower. I was talking to him and listening to him play away, and would peek my head out the door every minute or so just to make sure he wasn't using my flat iron (again, don't judge. It wasn't plugged in or anything!)

All of a sudden I hear him say "bye bye!" I thought he was just being cute, but I opened the door and he was headed out of the bathroom, waving at me as he left.

"WHAT!?! When did you learn how to open the door!?!" He stuck his head back in the bathroom and looked at me like, "You're so slow Mommy, I learned that a whole hour ago!"

I convinced him to come back into the bathroom and shut the door behind him until I could quickly finish.

I guess my only option now is to get up super-early and shower before he gets up, since he doesn't nap until mid-afternoon, and this nappy hair cannot wait until mid-afternoon to be washed.

Oh well, who knows what he'll get into next. I'm just waiting to turn around and see him pulling out of the driveway in my car! He really is growing up too fast!

1 comment: