Background

Monday, May 10, 2010

"Mommy, I made you a special Mother's Day Present!"

Even though Clark can’t talk, I’m pretty sure that’s what he would have said.

We were almost done getting ready for church yesterday morning, and Clark was getting into everything. Evans put him in his pack-and-play to give us a few minutes to get dressed. As soon as I was done getting ready, I went into the bonus room to get Clark so we could dress him.

As soon as I walked in the room, he stood up and had a very mischievous look on his face. As I got closer, I saw why. He had taken off his diaper and used the bathroom (#1 and #2) in his pack-and-play! Not only had he done that, but had decided it would be super fun to play in it!

OMG! Are you kidding me?!?

“Ev, come and see what your son did!” I screamed across the house. Evans came walking in, excited to see what cute thing Clark had done. He quickly changed his attitude, and we came up with a game plan in about 2-point-5 seconds.

Evans took Clark straight to the bathtub for bath #2 of the morning, and I worked on cleaning and disinfecting the pack-and-play!

Amazingly, we managed to make it to church only 5 minutes late. We laughed about it the whole way to there, and then enjoyed watching people’s faces as we re-told the story to our friends and family.

Needless to say, Clark managed to make my second Mother’s Day absolutely unforgettable, but I wouldn’t trade him for the WORLD!

Also…Happy Mother’s Day to the best Mom E-V-E-R. My mom has not only been the most amazing mom to both my brother and I, but has lovingly treated Evans as her third child from the start! I had been so lucky that we have become best friends, and now I am blessed to watch her enjoy being a grandmother to my little man. I love you, Mom!

Another shout-out to my super sister-in-law, Sally, who I will not just refer to as my sister (b/c we have become as close as sisters, and typing sister is also a lot quicker), on her very first Mother’s Day! Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment