Background

Monday, May 17, 2010

A much needed girl's night!

My sister came down to visit last night! I was so excited for some much needed girl time and getting to see my sweet little nephew! (Well, he’s not so little anymore. He’s 13 months younger than Clark, and he weighs only 5 pounds less than him!)

I had planned to make a few appetizers, have a little wine, and just relax and catch-up on gossip  That is of course not exactly how it went. Between trying to get 2 kids fed, bathed, and in the bed, we ended up being exhausted by the time the house was quiet. (Well, it never was really quiet, between the noise machine in Sullivan’s room and the radio in Clark’s room, but you get the idea!)

My mom, MIL, and GMIL came over and we finally settled in around the table at about 8:00. Between the 5 of us, we polished off 3 bottles of wine, and devoured most of the food. Everyone headed out a little later, and Sally asked if I wanted another drink. I decided to mix a little of everything we had together (which I would NOT recommend) and we headed to the couch to talk some more.

We ended up finishing those drinks, which kicked our butts, over-sharing about frustrations, our futures, baby names, boobs, and stretch marks! We finally crawled into bed at about 11, and the boys were up-and-at em’ by 7:00 am.

By the time we got downstairs, and consumed a good bit of coffee, we were feeling better. We had a great lunch before Sally and Sullivan got on the road, then Clark and I took a much needed 3 hour nap 

All-in-all it was a great night, and can’t wait for another one soon!

1 comment:

  1. What a good little write up! Love you, Jamye! Glad we got a girls night in :)

    ReplyDelete