Background

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Having a sick baby stinks :(

Clark woke up from his nap yesterday running a 101.5 fever.He was congested, had a runny nose, and his eyes were watering. Now, this isn't the first time he's been sick, but it literally breaks my heart everytime.

I'm assuming that's common among Mommy's. The whole, wishing-I-could-be-sick-for-him thing.I hated seeing him try so hard to sleep last night, and then everytime he got comfortable, he couldn't breathe. I ended up spending most of the night holding him in the chair in his room so he could sleep sitting up.

It took me back to those newborn days of being up all night, and it's catching up to me this morning as I'm drinking every form of caffeine I can find!

On a side note: I was also reminded why my husband and I didn't talk during the night when we were exhausted with a newborn. (It's best to just keep your mouth closed sometimes:))

Well, here's to hoping for a better day today. Otherwise I'll be at Dr. Taylor's as soon as he opens the door tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment