Background

Friday, July 23, 2010

Strange Looks....

We were out running errands yesterday afternoon when I told Evans we needed to head home because I had to get dinner ready still, and I really wanted Clark in bed a little early. Evans suggested just going to San Jose instead, and of course I agreed. The San Jose in Blythewood is our absolute fave! I needed to meet up with my Mom to pick some things up, so I called and we made a plan to meet at San Jose around 6:00.

Well, we got there first and I headed for the bathroom while Evans and Clark got us a table. I came out and found them at a booth, and when I sat down we decided it would be easier if we moved to a table. I gathered up the menus and Evans went to pick the high chair up with Clark in it, and accidentally smooshed Clark's little fingers.

I didn't know what had happened until Evans told me, but I sure heard it from Clark as did the rest of Blythewood. He screamed at the top of his lungs while we tried to get him out of the high chair. I didn't glance around until I stood up with him in my arms, and noticed everyone looking at us.

I mean, of course they were looking at us, our child was showing off his amazing vocal cords. But it wasn't like, "Aww.....poor baby" looks, it was like, "How could you do that to your child?!?" looks.

I rushed him off to the bathroom to take a better look at his fingers and to run some cold water on them. By the time we got to the bathroom, he was all better! As we walked back to the table, I noticed people were still looking. I seriously thought about letting the redneck come out, but I refrained. I mean, do people really think we would have done something like that on purpose. They must not have children if they think that accidents never happen.

Oh well, we moved right along to our margaritas, and everything was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment