Background

Monday, July 12, 2010

"You need to sleep when he sleeps!"

I heard this all.the.time when I was pregnant, and soon after giving birth, I totally understood what that meant. I was finally able to grasp the idea of letting go of some of the housework (gasp!) and actually trying to make up for some of my missed nighttime sleep by napping some during the day, when Clark napped, of course!

Well, I have to admit that 20 months later, I'll still occasionally nap when he naps. Okay, okay, I actually nap a lot when he naps. Now, this isn't an everyday thing, but I do admit that I probably nap at least twice a week. Sometimes I'll even nap three or four times a week :)

Now, I'm not talking, I nap all three hours with him, I'll get some work done, do my Bible study, and then lay down for the last hour of his nap. I have always LOVED my sleep, and sometimes I just feel like I'm not going to make it though dinner/bath/bedtime unless I get in a little nap, too!

My husband may jokingly give me a hard time about it, but I know that is he was home and able, he's be napping right beside me!

So there it is, my confession-of-the-day! And I'm sure that I'm not the only Mommy out there who likes to get in a good nap when she can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment