Background

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A good read...

I ABSOLUTELY love to read. I love all different kinds of book, and lots of different authors, but I hardly ever have the time to sit down and enjoy a good book!

I did carve out some much needed time this past weekend to read because it was the first weekend we didn’t have anything going on in a loooong time. My mom had checked out Jenny Sanford’s book, Staying True, from the library, and it wasn’t due for another week, so she asked if I was interested in reading it.

I took it home with me, and decided I’d read a few pages before I went to bed. I couldn’t put it down! I ended up reading the whole thing before the weekend was over! Whether you are a fan of Mark Sanford or not, a Democrat or Republican, or don’t even know about their story (which I’m sure most everyone does thanks to his mysterious trip to Argentina, I mean, hike on the Appalachian Trail) it really is a good read.

Hearing about everything she has gone through, from working on Wall Street, to moving “south”, successfully running her husband’s campaigns, and raising 4 boys, it kinda inspired me to get off the couch and get crackin’!

I guess my next step is to try to convince Evans to run for governor? I totally think I could live in the Governor’s Mansion. Sounds like a good location for a Crown Ball! (Although I guess anything would be better than the Holiday Inn, huh!?!)

Has anyone else read any good books lately that you would recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment