Background

Monday, April 26, 2010

"Would I be a lush if I had my mimosa without the Orange Juice?"

asks Rachel yesterday at the "Women of the Wedding Party" in Charleston for Mandy!

We were supposed to be at the store at 12, but got there and the owner of the store wasn't there, the doors were locked, and it was super windy outside!

We waited a few minutes, tried here cell phone, waited a few more minutes, and tried again! We finally got in touch with her, and found out that we would have to wait a little longer (actually and hour and a half longer) before she could get there, since she had totally forgotten about the party!

While we waited, everyone's hair completely ruined, we decided to go in the restaurant next door and get a round of mimosas to pass the time. Luckily Mandy had purchased the supplies for mimosas for the party, so once our first round was done, we popped open the bottle of champagne and made another round while standing outside the store, like a bunch of college kids!

A few rounds later, we decided to pop open the tray of fruit and cheese, and the box of cupcakes (yes, the same calorie-packed ones that I so enjoyed the day before) and had a little party outside while we waited.

Once the lady finally showed up, we were ready to get down to business. Mandy tried on her dress for us first, and it is GORGEOUS! Then, bridesmaids started trying on various dresses that had been pulled, and once we found one that we all liked, Mandy had us each try it on so she could take pictures! (I also had another cupcake after we got inside, but don't worry, they were mini-cupcakes!)

All-in-all, it was a GREAT day. Even if we didn't get in the store until 1:30, we had a great outdoor party while we waited, and I truly enjoyed the "girl time"! I was so happy to have a day to catch up with some of my friends that I don't get to see as much as I would like, and I really hope to see them all again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment