Background

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Seriously!

The longer I am out of college, the more I look back at the things I did and think, “Did that really seem cool then?” Evans and I joke all the time about the silly things we did and said. The stupid things we thought were such a big deal then, we wouldn’t even waste time thinking about now.

Generally, you graduate from college, get a job, become a part of the “real world,” and grow up. Generally! It still amazes me to this day how some people choose to live their lives through their college years.

I ABSOLUTELY love my college friends! I would not trade them for the world. We still have a girl’s weekend every year, keep in touch through Facebook and over the phone, and get together for weddings and special events. So I don’t think there is anything wrong with keeping those friends, and talking about special memories you have.
It’s really sad though to see someone post things online and to have her little clique join in taking jabs about something that happened 5 years ago! That’s right 5 YEARS AGO!

So I have written a special note to the “girl” this post is written for:

Dear Skank,
It’s one thing to joke with your friends about silly or stupid things you did back in the day, but it’s totally different to call someone else out, when it’s actually YOU that should be called out for the way you were acting. Just because you’re jealous of the place someone else is in their life, or the fact that they are truly happy, and have made good choices, doesn’t give you the right to act immature. Maybe if you weren’t dating a high schooler it would be a little easier for you to grow up. So I hope you have gotten the message that when you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!
Love,
Jamye

No comments:

Post a Comment