Background

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Some INDOOR activities!

With the HOT weather we have had around here lately, I’ve been looking for some things to do inside with Clark, without just letting him destroy the house! I came up with a few things we tried today, some worked, some didn’t.

- Homemade play-doh: I remember making this when I was little, and I thought Clark would really enjoy this. I searched on the internet for some recipes, and plopped Clark up on the counter beside me, and we got started with the mixing. Unfortunately though, it didn’t turn out  I’m going to search for a few other recipes and we’ll give those a try later this week.

- Coloring/ Sticker Books: We have found a new activity that Clark LOVES- sticker books! I found some that only cost $1 at Wal-Mart (gasp! I know, I dislike going to Wal-Mart, but it really was the quickest option the other day!) Clark will play with the stickers for as long as we will let him. We also colored for a while this morning, he’s still learning to color inside the lines though.

- Summer Reading Program @ the Library: Clark is doing the summer reading program at our local library. Basically, he gets little prizes for the number of books we read to him this summer. We had some “story time” this morning, and read a few more books for his list- we’re almost to 15!

- Crafts- We have VBS at our church this week, and they take up a penny-offering from all the kids. It’s a little competition between the boys and the girls, so I thought Clark could help the boys out. I pulled out an old formula can that I had saved, and we took the label off and decorated it, then went around the house to search for pennies. We checked the couch cushions, drawers, and Daddy’s desk. I think we’ll keep the can, even after this week is over, and let him gather change to take to church as an offering every week.

Since it’s only June, and the weather is already so hot, I’m sure we’ll be looking for some other fun indoor activities this summer! If anyone has any they’d like to share, please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment