Background

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Why I have a Love/Hate relationship with the South

Okay, so I love the South.

I love that when you order tea at a restaurant, they bring you sweet tea.

I love how friendly everyone is, even the people you don't know.

I love how everyone acts like family (and since lots of people seem to marry their relatives, they really are)!

I love fishing and hunting (GASP! Yes, I think it's okay to kill animals, especially when you are using the meat to feed your family).

I love THE Carolina- Go Cocks!

I even love trucks (Yes, My Daddy drives an F-150 and has a .30-6 (that's pronounced 30 ALT 6) just like the song!

I love BBBQ's, low country shrimp boils, and any excuse to eat cobbler.

One thing I hate about the south, is the HEAT! I hate walking outside and not being able to breathe. I mean, we expect this kind of heat for August, but in June!?!

So, we have this tree/plant thingy in the backyard that we wanted to take out. Well, being the super great wife that I am (Wink! Wink!) I decided to tackle this project so that Evans' wouldn't have to spend his time this weekend doing it. The only problem is that I can only work outside during nap time, and Clark naps from about 1:00 - 3:00 PM.

I barely got my part done (Ev is going to have to pull out the roots) before I thought I was going to pass out. (I guess that will be a project for early Saturday morning!)

Just picture me limping into the house, grabbing a Gatorade from the fridge, and laying down on the cold tile floor. Laying on the floor didn't help me to accomplish anything except realizing that I need to sweep!

Oh well, I can handle indoor projects year round!

No comments:

Post a Comment