Background

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I've seen several other people doing a Thankful Thursday on their blogs, and I thought I would do one of my own.

I was thinking this morning about what to write, and of course there was the usual: my family, my home, our health, yada yada. Don't get me wrong, I am EXTREMELY thankful for those things, but I tried to think of something else.

So today, what I am thankful for are the freedoms that we have. I did a lot of thinking this week with it being Memorial Day and all, about all the things we are so lucky to have, that we wouldn't have if it weren't for the sacrifices that others have made. I am so thankful to have the ability to go to church where I want, to wear the clothes I want to wear, to eat whatever I want (usually as soon as I feel hungry), and to be able to walk around without the fear of being attacked by a terrorist.

I know that last one seems kinda harsh, but there are so many people in the world, who live with that fear every.single.day.

So today, I'm going to try to remember these things when I get frustrated, and try to remind myself that I am very lucky to be in the place I am, and that little frustrations really aren't that important.

REMEMBER: Head over to Exploits of a Military Mama and check out the awesome giveaway for Sullivan&Sawyer Baby Co.!

No comments:

Post a Comment